Welcome to our series on destination weddings. This month, a little local flavor: Branson!
Congratulations on your engagement!
But now—it’s time to start planning.
Planning a wedding can be a daunting task, but it’s also incredibly exciting.
If you’ve been researching destination weddings, Branson, Missouri might have popped up on your radar.
And honestly—this isn’t a surprise.
In fact, this is our neck of the woods here at Karl’s Tuxedo!
Branson is a beautiful city located in the Ozark Mountains, in the southwest part of the state.
It’s home to a variety of wedding venues, from intimate chapels to grand ballrooms.
There are also plenty of things to do in Branson—empowering you to show your guests a great time, no matter what.
If you’re looking for a beautiful, affordable, and fun destination for your wedding, Branson might actually be the perfect place for you.
Let’s dive in and discuss it as an option—so that you can start planning that all-important wedding destination today.
Branson As A Wedding Destination: An Overview
Branson, MO is unique in that it’s not necessarily a ‘major metropolis.’ For this reason, a lot of people overlook it as a place for destination weddings.
But despite its ‘relatively’ smaller population size (about 13,000 people), it actually puts some big numbers on the board in terms of entertainment, travel value, natural tourism, and simply by being one of the most iconic destinations in the Ozark Mountains.
It’s also earned the nickname the live music capital of the world, and for good reason.
It offers up an impressive array of music and entertainment shows for visitors and guests, and you can also experience some of the most amazing wildlife and natural tourism that exists anywhere in the world.
Simply put, there are many reasons for why Branson may actually be the perfect destination for your wedding, especially if you’d rather skip the ‘fuss and muss’ of a major city. It offers:
- Beautiful scenery: Branson is surrounded by stunning natural beauty. You can get married in a chapel overlooking the Ozark Mountains, or on a lakeside deck with a view of the sunset.
- Variety of venues: Branson has something to offer couples of all budgets and styles. There are small chapels for intimate weddings, and large ballrooms for big parties.
- Things to do for guests: Branson is a great place for guests to relax and have fun. There are casinos, theaters, and amusement parks all within driving distance.
Being A Groom In Branson
As a groom, you’ll have a lot of responsibilities leading up to the day of your wedding.
And one of the most important among them will be planning fun and adventurous activities for your wedding party to take part in while you’re celebrating your ‘big day’ away from home.
Here are a few practical tips for preparing for these activities on a destination wedding trip to Branson, Missouri:
- Start planning early. This will give you plenty of time to research different activities and book them in advance.
- Consider your guests’ interests. Make sure to choose activities that everyone will enjoy. If possible, do a quick survey to see what types of activities may be of the greatest interest.
- Be flexible. Things don’t always go according to plan, so be prepared to make changes. This could mean preparing a list of ‘backup activities’ to fall back on should something get canceled unexpectedly.
Entertainment Options In Branson (For You And Your Bride To Be)
There are actually a lot of entertainment options available in Branson. And of course, as the groom, you’ll want to do your due diligence in preparing the best plan possible for the wedding party.
Here are just a few region-specific options to help get those creative juices flowing:
- Go hiking or biking on a classic Ozark Mountain trail, like Roark Creek Waterfall Trail.
- Visit a cave or cavern (like Marvel Cave).
- Go white-water rafting or kayaking on the White River.
- See a show at one of Branson’s many theaters (like the Haygood Show).
- Play a round of golf at one of Branson’s many courses.
- Visit a casino.
- Go fishing on Table Rock Lake.
- Take a hot air balloon ride.
- Go zip-lining.
- Visit a petting zoo or animal park (like the Branson Promised Land Zoo).
- Spend a day at Silver Dollar City.
With a little planning, you can definitely make sure that your wedding party has a blast in Branson.
Branson Travel Preparation Tips
First off, don’t forget to reserve and pick up your tux on-location at Karl’s Tuxedo in Springfield, MO (that’s us, by the way).
Karl’s Tuxedo is a fantastic place to rent a tux for your wedding. We stock a wide selection of options to choose from, and our staff can give you the 411 on everything you need to know about the 417!
With that out of the way, here’s a checklist of other important items that you should definitely remember to pack on your trip:
- Several types of shoes (for hiking, wading, shopping, going to shoes, etc.)
- Layers of clothing (for cool mornings and hot, humid days)
- Dressy clothes for a night on the town
- Casual clothing for everyday wear
- Weather-proof clothing (like a raincoat and waterproof shoes/boots)
- A swimsuit
- A hat
- A travel pillow
- A camera
- A journal
- A small amount of cash (not all businesses in the area accept cards).
Branson, Missouri is a beautiful and affordable destination for a destination wedding.
If you’re looking for stunning scenery, a variety of venues, and all kinds of things to do for guests, Branson is sure to make your wedding day unforgettable.
And if you need any help on-location to take your tuxedo game to the next level, don’t forget to contact us here at Karl’s. We’d love to help you avoid traveling with your tux by sourcing it all right here—on location within driving distance of Branson itself.