Welcome to our series on destination weddings. This month, we wind up our ‘local flavor’ theme with a post very near and dear to us: Springfield, MO!
This time out in our blog series on destination weddings, we’re venturing into the heartland of America and exploring Springfield, Missouri, affectionately known as the “Queen City of the Ozarks.”
Springfield (which just happens to be our hometown) offers the charm of a small town with the amenities and culture of a sophisticated city. It’s a hidden gem that might just be the unique and memorable wedding destination you’ve been searching for.
If you’re looking for a wedding destination that’ll offer a bit of ‘small town spirit,’ but with the resources and options of a much larger metropolis (with a bit of hometown charm and midwest rural magic drizzled on top for good measure), then Springfield Missouri might be the perfect wedding spot.
There are plenty of outdoor wedding options to explore, and there are also some elegant and classy indoor spaces as well.
Plus, Springfield can be an awesome (and affordable) place to visit and make memories with your wedding party.
But this guide will also help you if you live in Springfield. If you were hoping to stay ‘closer to home’ for your wedding, and need a guide to forward to some friends and family who may be flying in from out of town—well, just send them this blog post!
Let’s dive into it.
Springfield MO As A Wedding Destination: An Overview
Springfield, MO, is a perfect blend of urban elegance and natural beauty.
From rustic barns to elegant ballrooms, the city offers an array of stunning wedding venues that can cater to every style and budget.
Here are just a few of the iconic wedding destination options in or near Springfield, Mo:
- The Old Glass Place
- Haseltine Estate
- Hotel Vandivort
- Drury Lane University Campus
- Dogwood Canyon Nature Park
- Big Cedar Lodge
Being A Groom In Springfield, MO.
Planning a wedding in Springfield, MO., is a blast, with the city providing a rich variety of vendors and wedding professionals to assist you.
From axe-throwing to sporting events to hiking trails—to shows, breweries, and quaint shopping centers—it’s got a little bit of everything!
With that being said, here are some pointers to keep in mind:
- Plan Ahead: Booking venues and vendors can be competitive, so start early!
- Embrace the Local Flavor: Consider incorporating local foods or musicians to give your wedding an authentic Springfield touch.
- Be Mindful of the Weather: Springfield’s weather can be a bit unpredictable, so consider setting up some indoor alternatives for outdoor plans.
Another thing to keep in mind is that, at certain times of the year, it can be difficult to find awesome hotel accommodations that aren’t booked up in Springfield, due to the fact that there are a limited number of ‘really nice’ hotels in the city.
So make sure to book those hotel rooms well in advance to ensure that you don’t end up scrambling for the best options at the last minute.
Entertainment Options In Springfield, MO (for You And Your Bride To Be)
Springfield, MO, is not just about beautiful wedding venues. It’s also a city packed with fun and entertainment.
Here are just a few ideas of things you can explore during your stay:
- Visit the world-famous Wonders of Wildlife Museum & Aquarium
- Enjoy a day at Fantastic Caverns, America’s ride-through cave
- Explore the Springfield Botanical Gardens
- Take a stroll in Historic Downtown Springfield, full of quirky shops and cafes
- Visit some of our famous local Springfield breweries
- Catch a baseball game at Hammons Field
- Visit Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, the grandaddy of all outdoor stores
Springfield Missouri Travel Preparation Tips
Springfield, MO, offers an accessible and friendly environment, but a few preparations can make your stay even more comfortable:
- Dress Appropriately: The weather can be unpredictable, so pack layers.
- Prepare for Outdoor Activities: If you plan on exploring nature, hiking boots and bug spray will be handy.
- Rent a Car: Although public transport is available, renting a car can make getting around more convenient.
- Local Tuxedo Pickup: Remember to reserve your tuxedo at Karl’s Tuxedos in Springfield, Mo (that’s us!).
Springfield, MO might not be the first place that comes to mind when planning a destination wedding (though it might be your first choice option if you live here, which is awesome).
But here’s the thing—its unique blend of urban chic style and country charm provides an unforgettable setting for your big day.
Still, feeling unsure? Do you have some questions?
Reach out to us here at Karl’s Tuxedos.
We’ve got the local insights, the best tuxedos, and the know-how to make your wedding in Springfield a truly special occasion.
After all, we don’t just dress people; we help them celebrate love.
Let’s make your dream wedding come true, together.