Welcome to our series on destination weddings. This month: New Orleans!
As a groom considering a destination wedding, you should definitely take a look at New Orleans, the Crescent City, as a possibility.
This vibrant city offers a unique blend of Southern charm, rich history, and lively culture that sets the perfect stage for a memorable wedding celebration.
It’s a city full of life, music, and amazing cuisine. Visitors can explore the historic architecture, take a stroll down Bourbon Street, and indulge in some of the best seafood and creole cooking in the world.
But where should you start? And what will you need to bring?
Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered.
Here’s everything you need to know as a groom to prepare for your destination wedding in New Orleans.
New Orleans as a Wedding Destination: An Overview
New Orleans is an ideal destination wedding location, offering a range of settings to suit every taste.
You could get married in a traditional church or chapel, on a grand plantation, in a lush garden, or even on a steamboat cruising along the Mississippi River.
But perhaps the most iconic and romantic setting is the French Quarter. With its charming architecture, quaint courtyards, and vibrant energy, the French Quarter provides the perfect backdrop for a wedding that’s both elegant and fun.
Being a Groom in New Orleans
As the groom, you’ll be responsible for planning activities and entertainment for your wedding party and guests. New Orleans offers plenty of options to keep everyone entertained, from jazz clubs and live music venues to historic tours and outdoor activities.
To make the most of your stay, you’ll want to plan ahead and make reservations for popular activities and restaurants. Check out websites like TripAdvisor to find the best options for your group.
Entertainment Options in New Orleans (For You and Your Bride-to-Be)
New Orleans is known for its vibrant culture and lively entertainment scene, and there’s no shortage of things to do. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Jazz clubs and live music venues
- Carriage tours of historic neighborhoods and landmarks
- Riverboat cruises on the Mississippi
- Swamp tours to see local wildlife
- Art galleries and museums
- Shopping in the French Quarter
- Sporting events, including the New Orleans Saints football team
- Local festivals and celebrations, including Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest
- The French Quarter: a wedding destination must-see
No trip to New Orleans is complete without a visit to the French Quarter.
This historic neighborhood is the heart of the city, filled with charming architecture, exquisite courtyards, and lively street performers.
Or, you could simply plan a carriage tour of the neighborhood with your wedding party and enjoy the sights and sounds of this unique, historic, and truly one of a kind city.
New Orleans Travel Preparation Tips
If you’re headed to the Crescent City for your big day, it’s essential to make a plan and pack accordingly. Don’t let the excitement of gumbo and jazz distract you from preparing for your trip!
Use these tips to ensure that your New Orleans wedding is a success:
- Get fitted for your tuxedo well in advance. Stop by Karl’s Tuxedos to make sure you have the perfect look for your big day.
- Bring a mix of formal and casual clothing, as well as comfortable shoes for walking.
- Consider the weather and pack accordingly. New Orleans can be hot and humid, especially in the summer months.
- Make reservations for popular restaurants and activities ahead of time.
- Research transportation options, including airport shuttles and local taxis.
New Orleans is a fantastic destination for a wedding, offering a unique blend of history, culture, and entertainment.
Whether you choose to get married in the French Quarter or another location in the city, you’re sure to have a memorable experience that you, your bride-to-be, and your guests will never forget.
So don’t hesitate. Start planning your New Orleans wedding today! And don’t forget to stop by Karl’s Tuxedos to make sure you have the perfect fit for the perfect day.